Saturday, October 27, 2012

Fighting Identities

Is "self" a living thing?
Are we gonna find our "identity" over time or not?

We talked in our English class about Self v. Identity, well this topic is complex and very interesting because "people" think "identity" is a thing you born with and "Self" is what you develop over time. I will tell you the concrete definition of "Self" and "Identity" and i give my opinion about this two topics and give few examples about this topic by using my life experience.
"Self"  has different definitions i tell you the philosophy definition first its "Self can be considered that being which is the source of consciousness", the religion definition is " Self is ego, also called the learned, superficial  self of mind and body. My opinion for "Self" is so many and this two definition a very good, but i believe in "Self" to be "spiritual" to me because i grew up in family who had "religion" in our enviornment and my religion is Islam and we do pray 5 times to maintain our "Self" to be "pure" and my prayers keep me "mind" pure like for example if you are studying a tough chemistry test and u still don't really get the information i ask my (God) Allah to ease my "mind" and i will pray. There are different opinions in "Self" but this my opinion and this makes our world unique.
Identity has alot of versions or different topics that relate to "identity"  tell you two definitions the first one is " The process of the development of distinct personality of an individual. Other definition is "Identity principle of logic stating that an object is the same as itself. My opinion about of identity i think its development through years of 6 yrs to 10 yrs why i said this time because children grab information much faster then adults and they ask questions to the adults and to "themselves" meaning they get these thoughts whether its bad or good they try to find the solution. I also i can say it can be there enviorment, but the most impact i think is the children "role models" because they want to follow there particular "role models" and trying making them notice them
This picture is very interesting because this pic is very good definition of Self v. Identity. We have to try still find out "who we are really" to this world. Because i think people are scared to find there "true selfs" because everyday you wake in morning you should think why i chose this personality and thinking where will i go when i to Hereafter it keeps your mind sharp. YOU JUST TRY IT  and you find something different everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment